These sugar cookies are delicious and easy to make. For an extra kick of flavour, you can add candies, gummibears or chocolate chips. For an extra Christmas-y effect, you can shape them into snowflakes and add frosting.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder and the baking soda together and set aside
- In a larger bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Then beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- Gradually start adding in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto cookie sheets. Alternatively you can use a cookie shaper to create shapes of christmas tree, which is what we did.
- Let the cookines bake in the pre-heated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let the cookie stand on the cookie sheet for about two minutes until removing.
- Don’t forget to serve them to santa with a glass of milk.